Official registration for Emerging Valley 2018 which will take place on November 20th and 21st in Marseille (Palais du Pharo and Thecamp) are now open !
IM-FEMISE Workshop: Discovering Social Change Makers in the Mediterranean and Africa
FEMISE and Institut de la Méditerranée (IM) are delighted to join this great event and organize the workshop “Discovering the “Social Change Makers” in the Mediterranean and Africa” (20 November 2018 at 15:00). Social entrepreneurship refers to the practice that combines innovation, dynamism and the ability to address important social and environmental challenges. The support of states and multinationals around the world has been very encouraging for this model of innovative social activity. A real potential, still weakly exploited,also exists in the framework of the cooperation between the EU and Africa and in particular with the Mediterranean countries of the South Shore.
The social entrepreneurs mobilized by FEMISE and IM will present innovative initiatives, capable of meeting important social and environmental challenges in Egypt, Palestine, Morocco, South Africa, Lebanon, the MENA region and France. The Concept Note of the Workshop is available by clicking here (in french).
Discover some of our Panelists at the IM-FEMISE Workshop by clicking on their card
Emerging Valley 2018
Placed under the High Patronage of President Emmanuel MACRON and first event receiving the Digital Africa label, EMERGING Valley gathers this year
· More than 100 Startups, incubators and investors from 20+ African countries that will meet in the second city of France to connect African and European innovation: Senegal, Benin, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Morocco , Egypt,
· The venue of country delegations (Brazil, Tunisia) to find partners, clients, support structures to create value around Africa in Marseille
· Dozens of keynotes, plenary sessions, workshops to discover and do business with the champions of African innovation in two exceptional places: Le Palais du Pharo and thecamp
· Business and networking with investors, VCs and Angels from Europe, Africa and the Mediterranean
· A simultaneous acceleration program during the summit with AFD’s Social and Inclusive Business Camp on social impact and financing
· The exclusive launch of the Digital Africa platform on November 21st at thecamp, a support system for African start-ups launched by President Emmanuel MACRON to support the entrepreneurial dynamic on the African continent through the digital economy.
The financial contribution of FEMISE towards the event is made in the context of the FEMISE –EU project on “ Support to Economic Research, studies and dialogues of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership » . Any Views expressed in this event are the sole responsability of the speakers.